Managing employees working from home and facilitating online meetings is new to alot of us here are 10 tops tips for Effective Online Meetings.
- Embrace Video Calling – seeing each other is important to keeping connected.
- Use Headsets/Earphones – to give a better sound quality, remember to mute it when not speaking to limit background noise.
- Speak Clearly and Steadily – ensure everyone can understand you, try to modulate your voice to keep people interested and engaged.
- Establish Etiquette Guidelines – arrange a ‘hands up’ signal, allowing everyone to contribute.
- Repeat the Question – as chair repeat the question before answering so all participants are aware of the original question.
- Use Names and give Context – when responding to chat comments, repeat the relevant remarks, make it clear who you are responding to.
- Keep slides simple – focus on what is being discussed. It is better to have more slides with fewer things on them.
- Keep Slides Visual – anchor your presentation on relevant, image-based slides.
- Engage Participants Regularly – it is hard to listen online for a long time. Invite participants to give comments or ask questions, use tools like chat or polls.
- Be Explicit about Actions and Summarise – spell out any actions that need to be taken and by whom.
Remember summarise meeting and circulate notes promptly.
Produced by Just Global HR Services Limited – www.justglobalhr.com