Today, on 27 May, BIMCO has launched “Seafarers Deserve Support”, the second in the series of films produced to raise awareness about the shipping industry. The second film is calling on governments and decisionmakers world-wide to step up and support the seafarers behind world trade.
The pandemic has exposed a widespread lack of understanding about the crucial role of seafarers and the crew change crisis is far from over. Like its predecessor, “Ships Make the World Go”, the aim of “Seafarers Deserve Support”, is for the film to be shared as widely as possible to help raise awareness.
In addition to the lack of action in finding solutions that will allow crew change, seafarers are exposed to other safety issues that urgently require the attention and action of governments, including piracy.
To help share “Seafarers Deserve Support”, which serves as a valuable tool to help raise awareness, educate and increase the support for seafarers, please view and share the film via this link: https://www.bimco.org/SeafarersDeserveSupport
In addition, feel free to share the film via our Social Media channels or contact us if you wish to have the film transferred. We thank you very much in advance in helping to achieve this common goal.
How to share the film on your corporate and/or private social media account:
- Create a new post by selecting on LinkedIn: “Start a post”, on Facebook: “Create Post” and on Twitter: “Tweet”
- Compose the text/message that you wish to accompany the film
- Follow the link above to find the film on BIMCO.org and copy the link in your browser at the top of the page. Paste the link below your composed text/message in your social media post
- On LinkedIn, add hashtags by clicking on “Add hashtag” at the bottom of the post. Please use the following tag before publishing: #SeafarersDeserveSupport in addition to whichever hashtags you wish to add
- Alternatively, find “BIMCO” on LinkedIn and Facebook and “@BIMCONews” on Twitter and distribute by sharing the film post created by BIMCO.
- Lastly, we would much appreciate if you would give the film posts a “like” on the BIMCO Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages.